Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Got prickly heat in Spain, think it's from all the sun

Customer Question
Hi, got prickly heat in...
Hi, got prickly heat in Spain, think it's from all the sun cream. Will using the steam room help the rash to clear out my pours? Got 3 days left on holiday and now can't enjoy going in sun as would need sun cream, but there is a spar facility with steam room and sauna etc, will these help or make worse as would like to do something that I enjoy and that will help and going in the sun isn't it! Got red lumpy rashes on arms and neck.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dermatology
6/7/2015
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 3 years ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

do you have a pic?

pics attached. Tryed cool bath and ice aswell as hydrocortisone. Is extremely itchy.
Came out on Thursday , only seems to of got worse over last 48 hours, any suggestions would be great? Especially will steam room followed by cold showers help or sauna ?

No, the steam room won't help

You have to say out of the sun and use hydrocortisone cream.

I would see a doctor too. You might need a course of oral steroids. This looks like severe sun rash