DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I am really worried last week I had sex with my partner it

Customer Question

Hello, I am really worried last week I had sex with my partner it was unprotected but as I felt uncomfortable about it, it lasted less than 2 min before I've changed my mind. After one week I had this red spot on my shaft and I'm worried it might be type
of STD. I googled some pictures of herpes or yeast it looks nothing like it but I am still worried can anyone please help me ?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
Hello
It looks like
A wart
Or musculosum.
Go to the doctor.
It can only be effectively treated by doctor removal or office treatment.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello a gential wrats ? Because I applied heat on it and since this morning the size of it reduced a lot
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
Musculosum or wart.
Both are caused by a virus.
Genital just means genitally located.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that means it's a sexually transmitted wart ? Or it's just due to friction ? As I think I had similar to this before when wearing tight underwear and it goes by time.You reckon it's a serious thing that needed to be treated by a doctor ? Or I can leave it for few days see if it heal itself ?
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
No have it looked at.
It will not go away completely on its own.
Viruses are everywhere like this all the time.
It can be contagious.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.