Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a major water leak in my trailer. A wall had to be…

Customer Question
I had a major water...
I had a major water leak in my trailer. A wall had to be ripped out. Since then my allergies have gotten worse, now I have developed a bad rash on the inside of my left thigh!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dermatology
6/6/2015
Dermatologist: Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 3 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
This can be due to the mold allergies.
Fungal infection as such is quite possible.
Hence, you need both antifungal and a potent steroid cream.
Ideally we combine kietoconazole cream and triamcinolone acetonide cream to be applied twice daily for next 2 weeks or till the rash goes away completely.
These require prescriptions.
Over the counter remedies are weak and may not work well.
However, clotrimazole and hydrocortisone are both over the counter can be treid meanwhile 3 times daily.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****