Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

This will be the third time ive had cellulitis or staph on…

Customer Question
This will be the third...
This will be the third time ive had cellulitis or staph on my breasts. This time i have one on my thigh too tht hurts to touch or lay on. I was hospititalizd before w iv meds. This time they said use ointment antibiotic. Im uneasy. Im also set to hav kidney
stone removed tues.i attached two pictures.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dermatology
I paid for instant info in depth. Its been an hour
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/4/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 3 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
When did this last episode start?
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Three weeks ago. Im iron deficient but getting iron treatments. I hv sleep apnea. Im on trazadone prozak klonopin prilosec zonegran for headaches n bystolic as needed for bp
Thank you for that additional information.
Sorry it has been an hour but we are real doctors, with real lives and in my case, who have a full time medical practice.......and I also type really, really slow :(
At this point I think you would do well to get a second opinion from a University based infectious disease Professor. Why at a University? Because . At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall. This professor may want to do a full thickness biopsy of the lesion you showed in your photo's and subject it to tons of specialized testing.
The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.
I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.
As far as your kidney stone surgery that is probably not something you can put off and I am sure that your urologist is going to do everything possible to avoid infection from the nasty staph bugs you have been dealing with lately.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
U mean my surgeon will protect himself from the staph? Ill b ok to hv the surgery? And next...how do u kno its staph? Im also seeing an infectious disease dr tomor. Is tht good. Plz answer these questions. Sorry i rushd u.
No. The surgeon will protect you from having the staph infect the areas treated when she is dealing with the kidney stone.
The best person to say if it is OK to have the surgery is your surgeon. But, if it is an elective surgery that can be delayed you might want to wait until the infection thing is cleared up.
I said staph because you said staph ;)
But culturing the wound would show what type of bacteria was at work. Staph grows easily on wound cultures....
Yes. Seeing an infectious disease specialist if exactly what I was suggesting you do. That is what I would do if I were in your shoes.....
No worries....lots of people think that we are computers and give instant answers but, in reality we are just doctors who should have taken typing in High School! LOL!
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Have a great day and I hope you feel better soon. I wish you the very best.
is it unsafe to have surgery? Im confused.
No. I do not think that it is unsafe for you to have the stone surgery as planned.
What I was trying to say is the your surgeon, not some (handsome) online surgeon is the best person to make that determination.
Make sense?
See the pretty Excellent feedback button? Don't be afraid. Give it a little push. You'll like it.....Trust me, I'm a Doctor ;)
I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
U are quite handsome...
That is what I keep telling my wife.
I will make sure to let her know that I now have a second, unbiased, opinion to back up my claims. ;)
But, if you don't mash the excellent feedback button I will have to cancel my next beauty treatment. Funds are not released to your expert without this simple step on your part. Of course, (large) bonuses are optional and appreciated.
Have a good day and best of luck on getting rid of those nasty kidney stones.
Dr. Rick MD FACS