Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have a question

Customer Question
Hi I have a question...
Hi I have a question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
5/31/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
What is your question?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you
Hi there Dr Rick. I would like to give you a little synopsis of myself so you understand me better. I'm a worrier I have bad anxiety medicated and all but I still worry , constantly worrying about sex and stds just problems arising. I am a clean healthy 23 yr old was checked recently in February and just had sex for the first 2 weeks ago with a girl I'm seeing solely. That said I had sex last night with her for a while with protection always. After my meatus was very red and the skin around was red too. Today it's gone down looks pretty normal to me but I get scared. I know the mucas membrane is sensitive and blood flows but I would like to learn more and to give me peace and mind. I just got over having lichen plantus in that area about a month+ ago healed and everything normal saw my dermatologist numerous times over it as well as just last week. What I'm asking is why did it get red and where it was red was the very same spot it would be inflamed from the skin disorder I had prior that is now gone . I have pictures from last night and right now . Everything looks absolutely normal but I worry . Please give me peace and mind.
It is impossible to know why your meatus was a bit red....perhaps from normal friction during sex.
The good news? There is nothing to worry about...especially since everything is back to normal.
You can put your fears to rest on this issue.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
I just worry so hard but I do everything the right way there is nothing else I can do to be more safe. Maybe the condon irritated or friction ? Ya everything looks pretty normal to me. No pain no sensitivity no redness mild pinkness in my glands which is normal right ? I have pictures
I can show you pics before /after
This is your anxiety acting up.....there is nothing wrong with your penis from what you have posted.
Pictures are not necessary since there is nothing wrong.
You should speak to your doctor and see if she has any ideas about what can be done to get your anxiety under tighter control.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD