Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have a medical condition where I get frequent cysts. As a

Customer Question
I have a medical...

I have a medical condition where I get frequent cysts. As a result from the surgeries, I have scars. attached are pics of the scars on my penis. One is a white scar (a year old). The newest scar is pink (few months old). is there anyway to fad these scars? does it matter that one is white and the other pink?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/28/2015
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
You could have laser therapy
have you looked into this?

I have not. It seems expensive. Is there a cream i can buy? How about corticosteroids or rentin a? Will bed tanning help?

bed tanning won't help

steroids won't help

retin A might help

laser will definitely help

How much is laser therapy? How can i prevent penile sebaceous cysts?

laser is about 1000 dollars total

You can try to avoid irritation as much as possible. Avoid aggressive sex or masturbation

no shaving

keep it dry

i use anti acne scrubs. Is that useful to prevent cysts? Is mederma good for scars?

no the anti acne scrub is probably doing more harm. avoid that.

mederma is good. yes

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it

I thought anti acne scrub unclogs spores, thus, preventing cyst?

No. In this case they are making things worse
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor