Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My Dermatologist determined that the skin problem is caused…

My Dermatologist determined that the...
My Dermatologist determined that the skin problem is caused by fungus and prescribed Econazole Nitrate cream 1%. The cream only relieves the itching temporally. I think I picked this skin itch up while Scuba Diving in some dirty water in Indonesia a year and 3 months ago. Over this time frame I have tried products like Hegor shampoo Climbazole 150, Tea Tree Therapy soap, Nature's Gift Debriding soap, and Ava body Hand Sanitizer to scrub and clean with. And Cetaphil and Ava body Dream creams to sooth the skin. The skin tries to heal but then the itch is overbearing and I sctatch and we start all over. I even wear gloves at night so all I can do is rub. I have pictures, but my browser is Google crome.
Have also done testing with Allergist Doctor, found nothing.
Have any suggetions?
Sincerely,
Mike Sweet
5/27/2015
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Hello
Yes
Skin biopsy
This will show if this is actually
eczema
psoriasis
allergy
infection
rare skin disease
autoimmune disease
That should be your next step.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
In my first message I wrote that my Dermatalogist did a skin test that determined that the problem was skin fungus and wrote a scrip for Econazole Nitrate Cream 1%. This cream only works for a short time and the itch comes back. I forgot yesterday that my primary Doctor did a skin biopsy and the test came back "Spongiotic and superficial perivascular dermatitis with scattered eosinophils suggestive for contact or nummular dermatitis." With this report results the Dermatalogist then did a skin scrape test and it came up positive with skin fungus. I am sorry but your answer does not help me with this problem. Please go ahead and take the deposit.Thanks Anyway,Mike Sweet
Actually that information was not in your question that I have.
That is new information.
I am not responsible for site functioning.
Numular dermatitis is a form of eczema.
The treatment for this is steroid cream, prescription strength.
Any fungal infection should be cleared up with anti fungal cream first.
Steroid cream does not cure eczema and often has to be used continuously for some time.
That is typical.
Did you have another question?
OK, so that is an initial answer….