Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have a brusing on my lower lip it gets better and worse.

Customer Question
Hello, I have a brusing...
Hello, I have a brusing on my lower lip it gets better and worse. It is been there for three months. It does not cause pain most of the time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
Pictures
5/26/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Hello
Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.
My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.
Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service.
Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:
Do you have any history of trauma or wound on the area before this appeared?
Since how long do you have this condition?
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
I haven't had Trauma, I have had this condition for three months. It gets better sometimes and it gets worse sometimes.
Thank you for your message.
Does this bleed anytime?
it only bleeded when it first came. Thanks
Thank you very much for your reply.
I would like to inform you that this looks very much like a venous lake which is very commonly seen on the lip area.
This condition is harmless and benign and will take many months to reduce .
The best way to get rid of this condition is to freeze it off with liquid nitrogen at the Dermatologist clinic.
Before that however , I would recommend you to get it checked at the dermatology office with the help of a simple Dermatoscopy instrument that will give a magnifying picture of the condition within.
This is a simple office based procedure which is non invasive.
Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.
Do you have a facility where you can see a Dermatologist for a Cryotherapy or a Dermatoscopy?
dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist