Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a huge boil next to my scrotum and now one on my

Customer Question
scrotum! I tried to squeeze4...
i have a huge boil next to my scrotum and now one on my scrotum! I tried to squeeze4 days ago but instead of coming out it felt like it was going back further in!! Now I feel like it is growing.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dermatology
5/24/2015
Dermatologist: Dr S.A.Alam, MBBS replied 3 years ago
Dr  S.A.Alam
Thank you for your question,
If this is still growing even after 2 or more days of antibiotics then it means that antibiotic needs to be changed. Second if it is getting larger then it needs drainage with help of syringe, you should not try to pinch it as it can worsen the problem by spilling of pus into the deep tissues.
Second taking bath of warm water for more than 10 minutes has shown to slow the growth of sperms. So try not to take more than 10 minutes bath in warm water with testis fully soaked.
Let me know if you have questions.
Do rate my reply as positive so that I can continue to help you.
Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, MBBS