Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My girlfriend recently discovered a small rash on the

Customer Question
My girlfriend recently discovered a...

My girlfriend recently discovered a small rash on the lateral aspect of her left shin. Non-raised, red, blanchable, non-painful, non-itching. It has been there for approximately 4 months but has recently grown from approximately the size of a quarter to now the size of just larger than a half dollar. I will attach photos for your reference.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dermatology
5/22/2015
Dermatologist: DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath replied 3 years ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Hello
What is her height and weight?
5'8'' 154lbs
OK
Has this changed at all during 4 mos?
from about the size of a quarter to the size just bigger than a half dollar.
OK
first choice, eczema.
Next choice, fungal infection.
Next choice, venous stasis.
I am surprised she has not been examined.
This needs to be done, maybe a biopsy sent to the lab, or at least a swab.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Can we have the question reviewed by a dermatologist?
My board certification requires testing and training in derm.
I don't think the answer will be more definitive.
This question sat in dermatology so long that I was then alerted to it.
No one else taking it.
It is still in dermatology and will remain for any review there.
Could you click a positive rating on the answer [we are only paid per positive rating].