How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 8051
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Rash on my groin. In the fold area, not on penis or

Customer Question

Rash on my groin. In the fold area, not on penis or testicles. Small dot like shapes, some larger patches of red but nothing huge - color is red. Have a hairy pubic area and I sweat a lot. Thinking its a fungul infection but not sure. Doesn't look as intense and overwhelming as the pictures you see on Google for STDs. Any idea what this sounds like? Could be jock itch but it's not in a ring like shape.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also, I do go to the gym and have recently lost weight but I was overweight for awhile. Nothing ridiculous but maybe that has to do with it or could provide more context
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.
If you sweat a lot, the rash is red, itchy and in a body fold - the first thing that comes to mind is fungal infection. Doesn't have to be in a ring form - that's a ring worm (fungal infection).
I would suggest that you apply an anti fungal powder like Lamisil powder twice a day, keep the area clean and dry and wear loose clothing - do this for a week.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Let me know if you have more queries.