Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have all of these on my chest arm stomach back and left…

Customer Question
I have all of these...
I have all of these on my chest arm stomach back and left thigh. They are mildly itchy but not bad at all. They started off with about 3 main big ones and smaller ones appeared. I've had them for about 3 weeks now. I've had nothing new for allergies and
I have no allergies that I know of.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dermatology
5/22/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 3 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Hello
Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.
My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.
Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .
Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:
Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?
You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link
Other method of uploading photo or a file is:
1.Click the paperclip icon
2.Click the Browse icon
3.Click the Browse button
4.Select your file and click Open
5.Click OK
6.Click Insert
7.Click Save Changes on this page
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
I have attached two pictures onto the files on here
Thank you very much for all the information provided and the photos sent.
This looks like Pityriasis Rosea.
Did you have any fever in the past 3 months?
Did you have acidity issues in the past 3 months?
No I've had no fever. and no acidity isuues. But I have been getting nauseous every once in awhile & I started a new job at a children's hospital in January.
Have you heard of Pityriasis Rosea?
I've heard of it but not a lot about it. What should I do about it?
Thank you for your message.
Your skin sign, photo and the history provided, are all classic of Pityriasis Rosea.This is a harmless , benign rash that may be caused by a virus. It is however not contagious. do not worry as it will resolve over time duration of 2 to 3 weeks.
To help it heal faster:
You should put over the counter cream on the area. The cream is called Cortaid cream to be applied twice a day for 2 weeks.
You should try to get a prescription medication called Erythromycin to be taken twice a day for 7 to 14 days to help reduce the inflammation and the lesions.
This condition is not infectious.
Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.