Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have redish small bumps on the lips of vaginal area and a

Customer Question

I have redish small bumps on the lips of vaginal area and a waxey white discharge along with itching and burning. What could it be? Gwen,***@******.***
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.
This seems likely to be a fungal infection, since a waxy discharge and itching with red bumps are the most consistent features that occur in fungal infections of the vagina also known as vaginal thrush.
I would suggest that you start on clotrimazole 10 percent intravaginal cream and the vaginal cream both for early relief.
Insert one applicator full of the intravaginal 10 percent cream high into your vagina at bedtime. A single dose is usually sufficient to treat the infection but you should always augment with the vaginal cream by applying that on the surrounding areas of the vagina and a inside the labia thrice a day for 3 to 4 days.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a tendancy to get diarreah very easily and because I have fistula tubes connecting my bowl and bladder, it comes out front and back----burns without all the sores can't imagine how much pain that would be, Plus I get C dip very easily with the diarreah, Is there any other medication ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Canesten or clotrimazole cream is a topical antifungal, it will not cause diarrhea or c diff. And this is the only safe medication that you can use over the counter for a fungal infection. Others are prescription and have their side effects.
Best.