Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

Are you familiar with Skin Medica's Lytera?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
5/19/2015
Dermatologist: DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath replied 2 years ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Hello
These can be used together
What for?
What type of doctor is suggesting this?
It is for skin lightening in preparation for a series of Fraxel treatments. The doctor owns a med spa but is not a dermatologist
Also I did a 40% Glycolic peel on myself last night and I am wondering what a normal tissue reaction is? I have red dots on my face but they are not raised or inflamed. I think it's ok but I don't really know what the norm is. I plan to use only a gentle cleanser, hyaluronic acid based moisturizer and spa until I finish peeling. Is this correct or should I be using anything else?
What is not correct is not having a dermatologist examine you.
Hydroquinone can be overkill in some cases.
I would not only go with the spa recommendations.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMd
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath