Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

My son is 3 and a papule appeared under his belly button,

Customer Question
My son is 3...

My son is 3 and a papule appeared under his belly button, along his shorts line. It looks like an anigoma based on internet research. Ill post a photo. Im worried about Fabrys. There is NO fabrys in my entire family history. it is X linked and my Dad is 64 and healthy, my mom and her family, lived late in life with no Fabrys. He has no other symptoms. Can children develop these normally?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
5/18/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Hello
Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.
My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.
Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .
Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:
Has it bled anytime in the past?
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
No. I just noticed it. It is new
thank you very much for the history provided and the photo image.
From the history and the photo sent, there is no signs of Fabry's . Do not worry about the same.
Please do not worry about fabry's.
This solitary angioma is a correct diagnosis that you have made and there is nothing to worry . We also call it Cherry Angioma . A single angioma is a benign harmless condition and you dont have to worry about it.
Fabry's disease is associated with multiple Angiokeratomas . It is not related to a single Angioma. Do not worry .
Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.
I would be happy to assist you .
Ok. But, could this be one of many? And do they appear the same?
Do children get hear commonly?
Fabrys has to have a family hisotry, right? And do you know if children can get angiomas normally?
It looks like maybe there's another small red dot near this me. Like another one forming.
This is tiny like a pin head kinda. Could it be anything else?
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist