Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have a rash on both of my arms (on the inside of the

Customer Question
elbow) also the same rash...
I have a rash on both of my arms (on the inside of the elbow) also the same rash on the inside of my buttocks, close to my anus but it's not directly touching it, this came on about 1 year ago and is gradulally getting worse, have tried advantan cream,
tinea cream and none have worked. I have also had a constant hoarse cough which has gotten worse and now have blood in phlegm about twice a week (in the morning) recently a Pap smear showed cervical cancer cells (HPV positive)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dermatology
It was also on my face
5/8/2015
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Hello
Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.
My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.
Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .
Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:
Do you have history of Diabetes?
Are you showing a doctor for the pap smear?
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
On a waiting list to get the next test done (at the hospital) about two months ago I was told I have leison on cervix. Still on public waiting list to find out what stage. No diabetes I have no health issues in that sense
Thank you for your message.
Why should there be a waiting period for further diagnosis and management when on PAP smear it shows a cervical cancer cells?
Have you taken a course of oral anti fungals for the present skin lesions you have?
This looks very much like Tinea corporis infection ( dermatophyte Infection) .
This could be so extensive in its spread due to lowered immunity caused by the cervical cancer
Could it be staph infection on the face? I am on a public waiting list - have been waiting a while now and still haven't got an appointment, how would I know if the cancer has progressed in stages if I am on a waiting list, how quickly does it usually grow??
Thank you for your query.
Can you send me a photo of the face area?
I have a photo only of the forearms.
The cervical cancer can grow in a few months and can cause lowered immunity which can result in extensive tinea ( fungal infection )
Here are two photos of my face
Thank you very much for your photo sent.
Yes , the infection or a stye of the lower eyelid swelling is associated with Staphylococcal infection and does need an oral antibiotic course for 5 days with topical application of fusidic acid ointment twice a day for 2 weeks to heal.
The skin lesion on the forearms and the buttock does indicate a extensive fungal infection. ( tinea corporis ) and would need an oral anti fungal like terbinafine taken for around 3 weeks with local application of topical miconazole applied twice a day for 3 weeks.
The fact you are getting widespread fungal infection and the staphylococcal infection of such a moderate grade nature on the face , I would suggest that you should try and get an earlier appointment as it is a sign that your immune system is weakened. This can be due to the cervical cancer and you should not wait for a longer time to get the appointment. If possible you can visit the ER or casualty to get early care telling them you have a positive PAP smear showing cervical cancer , skin infections as above. and blood in phlegm.
Would it be possible for you to go to the ER as I have mentioned to get an earlier appointment? I recommend this would be essential.
dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist