DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician
55099014

This is not a duplicate. Please do not lock. I need someone asap

Customer Question

I need someone asap. Does this look ok. It's a zoomed in pic of a small mole on my 14 yr old. Is it considered bengine looking and uniform on color 

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
can I help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I guesz

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
It looks very normal to me in that pic. I think it is normal
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm confused. You jumped in my question with Dr david and said you thought it was Very Non Uniform and needed biopsy. You had me scared all night amd now you are saying you agree. Where did u go

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Relist: Incomplete answer. I don't understand why someone can not answer this. I posted my original question almost 12 hours ago

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
HelloI will disagree only a bit.It looks like it is larger than the eraser on a pencil.It is dark, but symmetrical, so this is probably OK.The size and the darkness indicate the need for a magnified exam from a dermatologist.It is probably benign, but we can not tell you 100%. I am a double board certified US doctor and will always give you accurate, precise, comprehensive and clinically experienced answers.Find me by request any day of the week. But, please to not forget a positive rating on this post: that is the only way we can provide the service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's not bigger than an eraser.

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
Then it is most likely fine, unless there has been a change in appearance recently.A magnified exam and whole body exam by your doctor, for moles, is recommended yearly.If never done, you should still have that done.I did not see a rating on my last answer.Please rate now.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
I have you in my in box but no post at all.Don't forget to come back with any questions you forgot after you rate positive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did you see the first pic? It isn't very big. He has several moles. Some dark some light. He had a skin check up late Aug

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
In that case, this all looks benign.I think we have talked before.The question is, since he has been cleared, why are you still worrying about this.That is more the problem. I think I have advised you in the past to get help with anxiety. Otherwise, his regular follow up will protect him.I don't see a current problem, other than your anxiety about moles.Have you sought any help for this? OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I couldn't remember if the dark was there last Aug. So I was needing an opinion

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
I am sure it is fine.Get some help with your anxiety problems.Cognitive behavioral therapy.This is not healthy for your family.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is the only pic u have that shiws the size. It's the one by the finger

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
OKI am going to be quite frank with your [as you know I always am]. I know I have told you this and so have others. This is not healthy.Your disorder about moles is problem. Not the normal moles.This is not healthy for your family, as the anxiety will in some way affect them, and in fact over time the entire family dynamic can be disrupted, including your family members anxiety levels.You personally need something like cognitive behavioral therapy now.I know that we have told you this more than once, and have a real concern that asking questions about normal moles and getting answers is a form of secondary game: in other words, it simply reinforces and strengthens your problem.It is clear you have good medical care and that the moles are NOT the problem. Please find a PhD clinical psychologist trained in CBT and in family therapy as you might need this as well. Good luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You were unclear of the size so we were trying to show you that's all

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
That does not change my recommendations. We have had a number of conversations, and in some cases you have shown the same mole over and over even after being told it is benign.I am not trying to scold you here. I am trying to point out that this is not functional or normal behavior, and I am concerned about your anxiety and the effect it will have on you and your family. My opinion, also, from our interactions, is that you do not see your problem, and you have never discussed it when it is mentioned. Ignoring it, however, will not help. That also will make it worse long term. Your family doctor could probably give you a good recommendation along therapy lines, or even the dermatologist. Use your resources. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not trYing to change your recommendations I was trying to show you the size!!

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
As I answered, this looks like a benign mole. It was already cleared by your doctor, and there would be no significant change since that short period of time. A year is fine for follow up in this case, so he can look at in again in August. Again, you are avoiding the issue I have raised.The problem is not the moles. But, look at your original post...I need someone ASAP! All you have had are benign moles, with clearance from your doctor, who does the exam [we can not match an actual exam] yet you seem to keep trying to second guess your doctor. Here is the bot***** *****ne and what I see as the incorrect thinking: YOU ARE NOT the one in charge of making sure the moles are OK. You need to alleviate yourself of that responsibility and follow your doctors exam schedule. You also need to get psychological help, and I have suggested CBT as this is the most proven therapy in our medical evidence base. That would be the most helpful action you could do at this time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where did dr Phil go

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 years ago.
You relisted the question.That is when and why I came on.I have no idea about anything regarding other experts schedules or anything else.We work independently answering questions.please click a positive rating.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Phil here. Do you want me to continue. That pic looks different than the one that looked irregular. I would like to see it from different angles if possible
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
the problem is that you provided a picture too close up. when you look at it from arms distance it looks fine. I see nothing wrong with it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So the close up is ok? Why did the close up look bad?

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
The close up looks slightly abnormal but when you look at it far away it looks fine. Overall, I think it is ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Slightly abnormal? But everyone is saying moles can be 2 toned. I thought pics were better for you in a close up anyways?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello r u there

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
It is just how moles look up close. Most of them look like that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You mean look abnormal? That last pic was a pic of it in the car. We took him for his sports physical and his family docotr said it was flat 2 toned symmetrical and only 2mm

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
I agree with that. Up close it looks abnormal but when you look at arms distance (which is how you are supposed to), it looks fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So you are saying all moles look abnormal up close? Did you not realize that was zoomed in then yesterday? I appreciate you talking to me

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
Not all but most do. Zoomed in up close they nearly all look irregular in some way. When you step back and look at it, it looks totally normal. I didn't realize it was zoomed that much. I apologize for that. No problem. I enjoy helping. Please don't forget a positive rating when we are done though.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I ask one more thing. Are cancerous spots mostly raised? If so if a mole is flat is that better

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that is correct. A smooth surface is generally a better or less concerning mole
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

And u r confident this mole is benign

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I am
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi this is her husband. Can you tell me of this center mole looks bengin. Every once in awhile like 2 black specs will show up then after she showers they are basically gone.are u still there

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes, those look very normal to me. Even at that magnification