How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMd Your Own Question
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 65276
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
DrRussMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In July I started developing a red and itchy rash on the

This answer was rated:

In July I started developing a red and itchy rash on the folds of my groin. I was not showering regularly at that point (once every few days) and thought I had developed jock itch. I put off buying lotrimin and ended up going to Russia/Ukraine on vacation with it where it got worse. When I got back (late July?) I started using lotrimin but it had 0 effect. After putting it off for months and trying a lot of ineffective home treatments I finally went to a dermatologist in October after I started getting thigh and butt acne. At first he gave me an antibacterial cream that didn't work. When I followed up he perscribed a topical steroid and that was the only thing that ever helped. It didn't get rid of it totally, but it got a lot better. Next time I went he gave me econazole nitrate cream and that did not help at all, and might have actually made it worse. Throughout this whole time it had spread to my anus, testicles, and a little on my penis. I began moisturizering the area every once in a while and eventually it went away, but left what looked like stretch marks in the area where it had been before. After a little while a little red mark appeared again and I started daily moisturizing and that kept it at bay. Eventually it started to spread again and has now reappeared on my testicles, anus, little bit on penis, and folds (not as bad as it was yet but it seems to be getting worse). I have used different moisturizers but the only one that seemed to have any effect at all has been aloe gel. Also, sometime in January I think I developed a white lump on my anus. It isn't really tender and only bleeds if I wipe too hard after a bowel movement. I have also noticed that recently I've had gas a lot and have been having bowel movements a lot more. If this is significant at all, I've been dieting and exersizing on and off for over a year and have lost ~50lb. The whole area is really itchy most of the time and nothing (even the aloe) doesn't seem to help. I tried using anti-itch exzema cream but that actually seemed to make it worse. I'm also a virgin so it can't be an STD. And I shower daily, sometimes twice daily now. Also, I'm uncircumsized.

I understand the situation
What is your question specifically?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is it and what can I do?

We can not tell you what it needs to have a piece sent to the lab at this point.
It has been treated as eczema but it might have infection as well.]
Psoriasis is also possible.
Treating it with guess work should no longer occur.
A small piece of skin sent to the lab will show if this is eczema, other autoimmune disease, infection, or rare skin disease.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.
DrRussMd and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you have any idea what it could be? And what about the lump on my anus?

I think it can be fungal.
this has not been treated effectively.
The anal lump is most likely a hemorrhoid...but fungus can also infect here.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well I used lotrimin ultra and the cream the doctor gave me when he thought it was jock itch and it had no effect at all, so how could it be fungal? and what should i do about the lump if it hasnt gone away after two months now

This is why I am telling you that a biopsy is needed.
So that we are not guessing.
The lump should be treated as a hemorrohoid, and your doctor should confirm it is a hemorrhoid. If not, it should also be tested.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.