Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

Two small red bumps on the shaft of my penis

About a week ago I noticed two small red bumps on the shaft of my penis. I have had what i think are fordyce spots for as long as i can remember. What are these  red bumps? I haven't had sex in six weeks. I have masturbated regularly though, without lub. I have no pain or related STD symptoms.

Hi--are these tender at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not tender at all. Feel a little hard.
OK. These look like molluscum contagiosa--not an STD and a bit like the common viral warts on gets on ones fingers. Nothing at all serious and they usually disappear in a matter of days or a couple of weeks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. I have a wart on my hand could that be a reason?
Not the same virus but similar. And the ones on the hands can stick around for a much longer time
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. Last question because I've already been reading about this. It is normal for otherwise healthy adults to develop this?
absolutely normal. You may have read something about immune compromise and perhaps HIV but in your case I wouldn't consider that since we're talking about these appearing in the context of a very sickly person
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for all of the information!
My pleasure--call on me any time