Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

I have red dots on the penis under the foreskin, this i

I have red dots on the penis under the foreskin, this i noticed first a day after unprotected sex with my Girl friend, now after 5 days its still there, ther are multiple dots, and blisters, they are painless. I think thers a white discharge as its present when i am cleaning.
Please advice.
Dr.Sasi Attili : Hi. I will do my best to advise. However, please note that this does not substitute an in-person consultation with a doctor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am really worried about the condition, can u please tell me what it can be?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Please find also the picture if i might help. They r tiny red spots and blisters.

Thanks. The picture is dark and out of focus. Can you please try again in brighter, possibly more natural lighting?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes i think this shall be clear. I am really worried.

Thanks. The appearance is most consistent with a thrush/ yeast infection. It does not look like heroes or anything else. If your girlfriend has thrush, you could have got it from her.
This responds best to lotrimin ultra cream used along with cortisone cream, applied twice a day for 3 weeks. Your girlfriend would also need to be examined and treated by her GP.
Hope that answers your question. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!
Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF not please reply back rather than leaving a negative feedback. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** also tell me, if some oral medicine can be taken for the same. Maybe some antibiotics. Also, this is not something to be worried about right, and when do i expect this to go away.
Fluconazole 150mg can be taken as a single dose and is available over the counter. However it is mainly for vaginal thrush as the creams are enough for infection in males. Only if the creams are not effective is the tablet indicated. But if you want to take it as well, there are no major side effects.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have taken the oral medicine as it was available.

I checked now, and the number of red dots seemed to have increased, and ther r small cuts in between. Is this normal. Its still painless. But I am still worried. How many days does it take to go.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I checked now, and the number of red dots seemed to have increased, and ther r small cuts in between the spots. Is this normal. Its still painless. But I am still worried. How many days does it take to go.

this is quite normal. It usually can take a couple of weeks to go. But I would suggest using the creams too. Do get back however, if you are still worried.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I checked today ther is certain secration of white very sticky substance. it does not go when wash with water. and has a foul smell.

Also, is it necessary to apply the creams as m not circumcised.

The white substance is typical of thrush. However since you did have unprotected sex I would still advise getting an STD screen done to rule out other bacterial infections, just to be on the safe side. The reason I am saying this is because of the discharge. But thrush will produce this type of a discharge and therefore it is not unreasonable to just wait for a couple of days to see if the discharge subsides. Yes, it is still essential to use the creams, though circumcised.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the creams mentioned by you are not available in the market by the same name.

Is ther a substitute cream available.

Also, can clotrimazole cream can be used as a substitute.

clotrimazole is the same as lotrimin and cortisone should be available under the trade name cortaid.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i have been using the said creams for the last one week, still the spots are ther, as in red spots have spread in width and guess few spots have vanished. Also, thers no discharge anymore on the inside of the foreskin.

please tell me tht its improving now. Note: U have to minimize the picture for clarity

Sorry. The picture is not in focus. You have to take it in brighter lighting for me to give you my opinion.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Really sorry thts the best i could take, if u minimize the picture it ll be clear i think.

Sorry. Whatever I do, the picture is out of focus. You did manage last time, so it should be possible again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok, i will try to describe, The individual spots u can tell separately anymore except few, in place of the spots the skin is a little more pink thn the rest of the area and they are like reddness in the skin rather then any spots.

The picture is not happening. Sorry.

Ok. It sounds like it is improving, but I can't be 100% certain without seeing a picture
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i will try for the picture, but does it take so much time, like more then a week to go completely. I am applying the cream everyday twice.

It can take 2-3 weeks