Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician. Can handle dermatological emergencies
16455829

I have a small bump/cyst under both armpits. They are both painful but

I have a small bump/cyst under both armpits. They are both painful but I don't see a head on them. I also had a rash breakout on both of my legs a few days prior. Now I'm having a weird breakout of bumps on different parts of my body. Almost like pimples.
Hi. I will do my best to advise. However, please note that this does not substitute an in-person consultation with a doctor.

Are you able to upload pictures of your skin?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The lumps under my armpits you can't really see. That is what I'm most concerned about. The rash is gone but has left behind a sort of scaly rough texture. I can sent you an example of the bumps but I don't know how to upload pictures on here.
Ok. You have three options for sending me pictures: 

1. The quickest:  upload the pictures here using the paperclip like icon in your chat box.  You can't find it if you are browsing via a mobile/ipad or a non-internet explorer browser like google chrome etc. You can try uploading via Internet explorer browser if you can. iPad/mobile users can email it to your our email id, download it to your laptop if you have one and then upload via Internet explorer. 

2. Upload the pictures to online photo sharing websites like Flickr/photobox/picasa web albums and paste the link here. 

3. Alternatively you can send them by email [email protected] with the subject line 'FAO dermatology expert Dr. Sasi Attili'.  Please note that you HAVE to send them from the email address you registered with on justanswer OR paste the link to your question in your email, or else the email won't be forwarded to me. Also do note though that emails might take up to 24 hours to be forwarded to me (and hence first two options preferable), though usually they are forwarded within a few hours. 

I shall get back once I receive the photos. Hope to hear from you soon.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

graphic

Thanks. So you have these type of bumps just under your armpits and the rash itself is gone?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO. I have two cyst like bumps under my armpits. One under the left armpit and one under the right armpit. One is smaller than the other but they are both painful. These red bumps have been popping up on other parts of my body. Arms, buttocks, chest area. I had a rash on Sunday that was very red and bumpy but it disappeared. Now in it's place my skin feels very dry and almost scale like. I am obviously most concerned about the bumps under my arms since it could be my lymph nodes. However the other symptoms I'm having lead me to believe it might be something else.
Ok. I cannot really be certain just based on the pic as it is slightly dark and out of focus. However from your history and from what I can see I wonder if this might be an infection in your hair follicles triggered by the rash which has now gone. I would suggest seeing your GP in person for a course of antibiotics, which hopefully should clear everything up. Without seeing the rash though, can't really be certain what caused it.

If the bumps are right on the surface, they are unlikely to be lymph nodes. But again, your GP should be able to examine and verify this

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. Please do not leave a negative feedback without corresponding with me further as I will try my best to assist you. Please reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you
Hi. I see that you have given me a negative rating. Can you tell me how else I can help so that I can get a positive rating from you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I felt there was a communication break down and I don't really feel like you understood my questions. I'm right back at square one. I'm trying to avoid going to a doctor if I don't need to since I don't have medical insurance. Wait time for my answers wasn't always met withing the time frame as promised.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I think my question is better suited for a general practitoner and not a dermatologist.
I did understand your questions and I do understand your position. However I cannot forget my duty as a doctor and give you false advice just because I want to get an accept, when the right answer really is that you have to see a doctor in person. if there was something I could do to help you, without you having to see a doctor, I would have certainly done it, because that is what I am here for, But I have to also be conscientious and tell my clients when an online consultation would not work. I am sorry about this but I hope you do find a way to seek help for your problem. I am however a bit disappointed that my honesty has meant that I received a negative rating. Best wishes
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I would like to ask a general practictoner my question and not a dermatologist.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm concerned about two cysts/lumps under my armpits. They aren't very visible but I can feel a hard bump. They are both painful. One is smaller/pea size under my left armpit. The other is located under my right armpit and is a bit larger. In addition to this I've had a strange breakout on my body of small red bumps. They look almost like bug bites but don't itch. They tend to quickly develop a tiny scab on top. I don't know how good of a picture I can get of one of the bumps as all I have is my cell phone camera.

I would like this addressed by a GP as I don't feel this is a dermatology question.

Hi
I think that I can help you. It appears that you may have folliculitis- which is an infection of the hair follicles. They commonly from all over the body and you can get them in the arm pits. Diffuse bumps like this are frequently caused by MRSA- methicillin resistant staph infection. You need to take a course of bactrim for 10 days. As well, wash your skin with hibiclens once daily. You can purchase it at any drugs store- it is over the counter:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/hibiclens-antiseptic/antimicrobial-skin-cleanser-liquid/ID=prod352989-product

In addition, I would suggest taking benadryl for the rash- it is an anti-inflammatory. Even if the rash does not itch, it can still help with the lesions and hasten their improval... Take 25mg every 6 hours. If it makes you sleepy, you can substitute for zantac instead.

Hang in there..

Warm regards.

Please choose GREAT SERVICE, GOT THE JOB DONE or INFORMATIVE AND HELPFUL to complete the answer process, anything else is a negative response. If you feel like choosing expected more or helped a little, please reply here PRIOR to leaving feedback so we can help you better.

Thanks for using Just Answer!

Experience: Emergency Medicine Physician. Can handle dermatological emergencies