dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Red colored bumps on genitals-upper scrotum near pubic area and shaft

Customer Question

small skin colored to red colored bumps on genitals (on upper scrotum near pubic area and shaft (just noticed them). SOmetimes but rarely itchy, only been with 1 girl and she is clean in the area and stated she never had std's.
I was trying to research and there are way too many possibilities for me to zero in on. What are they?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 5 years ago.
dermdoc19 :

Hello

dermdoc19 :

Would it be possible to transmit a photograph? Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

as requested, plz help

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

i also hav one smaller bump underneath side of my shaft.

dermdoc19 :

The picture is only of fair quality. Are these somewhat shiny or dull?

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :
JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

kind of hard to tell....on of em looks kind of shiny on the head of it but all the rest r kind of dull

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

( sorry, one of them)

dermdoc19 :

Do they have a small dell, or dimple on the center?

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

i dont know what you mean by that. Umm i'll try and describe it the best i can. each one is same color as my skin. they each hav a hair follicle coming out of em but also one has a couple very small black dots....to hard to see i dont know if there other hairs or what. THey are round and dont seem to hav any craters in them.

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :
JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

they have multiplied. I had the one on my underneath shaft for several months but i thot i was an ingrown hair because i shave my testicals regularly. THen just a couple days ago i noticed about 5 of them near my pubic area around the same location as where i shave. One has acted itchy and i scratched it through my pants. Didnt realize what it was until later....

dermdoc19 :

Are they round?

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :
JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

yes sir

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

no pain yet.....

dermdoc19 :

These appear to be Molluscum Contagiousm from the photo you sent. However, if you can send another one, I would be better able to judge. Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

actually they hav kind of a mild burn now that i stretched my skin out to look at em.

dermdoc19 :

This is a rather harmless virus. It tends to like moist areas.

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

i will send another......or try to. Are these related to STD? Do you know how I would pik it up? I recently had pink eye and cough and sore throat but didnt touch my genital area other than bathing.

dermdoc19 :

They can be picked up genitally but are not considered to be an STD. The virus can be around swimming pools, gyms, basketball courts etc.

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :
JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :
JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

does this one help doc? I cant make them much bigger....it wont let me send them.

dermdoc19 :

That is much better.

dermdoc19 :

Yes, these look like Molluscum Contagiousm

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

I hav one more pic of them underneath that i would like to show you.

dermdoc19 :

That would be OK, but I am pretty sure of the diagnosis from the last pic.

dermdoc19 :

I would recommend you NOT to shave the area because this can spread them.

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

ok.

dermdoc19 :

Curettage by a physician is the best treatment. But these can also be treated with liquid nitrogen. ( frozen).

dermdoc19 :

OTC treatments can be the use of hypoallergenic

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

Curettage? I need to still be seen by my physician and over the counter meds do or dont work? SOrry sir you gotta dumb it down for me.

dermdoc19 :

surgical tape. Apply the tape to each lesioin. Change the tape after showering. Continue treatment until theuy rupture. This usually takes 2-3 weeks.

dermdoc19 :

You can try surgical tape or Molluscum Rx or Poxiderm. These are creams which are OTC and found to be effective.

dermdoc19 :

If that does not work, then curettage which is scraping with a sharp instrument.

dermdoc19 :

Done by your physician.....or Liquid nitrogen

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

ok great should i avoid sexual contact? Is this stuff contagious? Ouch....damnit

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

i will try OTC first

dermdoc19 :

I would definitely at least use a condom. These are not serious like HPV.

dermdoc19 :

Quite contagious...that is why it is called Molluscum Contagiousum

dermdoc19 :

Some authorities feel that Tagamet helps

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

lol yes sir i see the word contagious in the medical term i just wanted to make sure. If you dont mind me asking what would you do in this situation?? tape, or ointments?

dermdoc19 :

Tape while waiting for the ointment.

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

great thanks for ur help doctor

dermdoc19 :

You're welcome. Good luck

JACUSTOMER-isarbc3t- :

thanks....hav a great day...good bye

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hey doc! I've had a bump on my tongue for approximately same time as the genital bumps, but I didnt notice it bc i thought it was my old tongue ring scar i had about 6 yrs ago. It isnt that scar. The bump is worrying me bc upon inspecting my teeth for a completely unrelated issue, i noticed I had 3 bumps on my tongue. Could you please take a look and tell me if I need to be seen or if I can boost certain immune functions to help fight these? Also I havent received any notices about your last payment that you couldnt receive because my card was reported stolen. Have you been paid, if so could you please provide a receipt. Thanks doc.

respectfully,