Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

The skin under my penis/shaft is ripping/shedding after sex.

The skin under my penis/shaft is ripping/shedding after sex. Looks cracked, takes about 5 days to heal. What is the problem. I was tested no std. Is it yeast? Eczema??

Besides the cracking or tearing of skin is there any skin rash in the affected area?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It looks like a rash, i was told it could be just inflammation from a professional but i am afraid of prescriptions because i know there is a natural cure and the pharmaceutical industry murders pockets. It only happens after sex. And sometimes i see very small white bumps
Okay. How long has this been happening?

Is the rash that appears itchy or otherwise uncomfortable?

Have you noticed any tightness of the foreskin (as in difficulty retracting it back) or any whitish patches of skin on the head of the penis (glans penis)?

I see you have tried cortizone and lotrimin - how long did you use them and did they help? Were they used together or separately?

If I may ask does your sexual partner have any vaginal discharge?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Rash is both itchy and uncomfortable "if" it is a rash.
No tightness in foreskin
nothing on head only bottom of shaft connecting to scrotum
used cortisone and lotrimin separately they work a while but after sex this comes back
I am not sure if she has vaginal discharge she is the only one I sleep with
I hope you find our interaction helpful. If you are satisfied with my response(s) please remember to press the ACCEPT button.

Thank you for the information. Your symptoms are most suggestive of a yeast infection of the penis known as candidiasis. This can manifest as tiny cuts as well as peeling of skin and when symptoms are linked to sex as in your case it is possible that the female partner has vulvo-vaginal candidiasis and the scanty discharge that is not visible externally is irritating the penile skin. Ideally you both should be examined by a doctor since this diagnosis can easily be confirmed by doing a skin scraping for identification of the yeast. Treatment then consists of oral antifungals along with antifungal creams. It is important to treat both partners simultaneously.

Over the counter meds which help are basically exactly what you have used. However it is important to use the creams together (mixed in a 1:1 ratio) and used twice a day for 14 days and then once at night for 7 days followed by alternate nights for 7 days. After this an antiyeast powder like Zeasorb-AF should be used on a daily basis for a few months for dusting the genitalia before wearing undergarments.

Hope this information is useful, please feel free to ask if you have any queries.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If i were to have sex with another person would this still happen? What i am asking is could it be possible that this is only with her?

If you stop having sex with her and are adequately treated as I have detailed (and preferably with prescription oral antifungals) I really don't think this should recur with a new partner. And if your current partner is properly evaluated and the vulvovaginal candidiasis treated (if diagnosed) then I think the symptoms should stop with even her.