Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

Now nearly 7 years on and doctors still takng skin bioposys

Customer Question
hello it is me again...
hello it is me again now nearly 7 years on and doctors still takng skin bioposys and still i have urticeria but chronic and now they have diagnosed similiar symptoms to mastocytotis they are not giving me the full title but in every reprt i show signs and they write this diagnoseddown i suffer really bad back hips and wrists and fingers they feel stiff all the time and the pain from my bones is terrible i work full time and do approx 60 to 70hrs per week but this is really getting me down as i keep losing grip of things and items just slip out of my fingers and i feel i can,t use my hands and fingers like i used to but i feel that something is wrong
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Dermatology
4/13/2012
Dermatologist: Dr. Nair, Dermatologist replied 5 years ago
Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Would you have scanned copies of your blood work and biopsy reports?
hello sorry but i am not able to get this information from the hospital for you the only thing that might help you is i am RDNEGATIVE BLOOD GROUP and all reports from bioposys keep saying urticeria and angioedema sorry i cant help youno more but just a speculation of knowledge would help from you thankyou
Okay no worries. Need some information first if that's okay:

Do you have any shooting pains down the arm (suggestive of nerve damage - some patients liken this to bolts of electricity)?

Is there any darkening or binding down of skin on the back of the hands?

Do the hands turn blue and painful on exposure to cold air or water?

Any history of recurrent fever or oral ulcers?

Any rash on exposure to sunlight?

When the hives fade do they leave a dark spot that fades over a few weeks?

Have the hives ever blistered?

Are the hives ever painful or do they just itch?

Do they erupt randomly or is any one part of the body preferentially affected?

Any trouble raising your arms above your head (as in combing the hair) or rising up from a squatting position (as in getting up from the toilet seat)?

Lastly do you have any other medical problems apart from the hives and angioedema? If so what medications are you on?

HI thankyou so much for getting back to me
i suffer very painful hands in cold weather or hot yes your right and they go blue and very white
i have deepening throbbing pains in my arms upper partof the arms like throbbing inside of the tender and fleshy parts, at strange times of the day and it feels so bad i think i have an over whelming pain and think it is going to go in to my chest on both arms this has only really started though the past 3 to 4 months
I really do have what i call a very high temp and very very hot and burning inside and out ,even to touch extremley hot this happens frequent and has for years i tend to live with it as i grab tablets as soon as i feel ill .
sunlight is terrible to me it even burns through my clothing i cannot have a warm bath or shower as the water burns me and then the rash goes really bad cold air all .
i itch all the time and the rash only fades but never ever goes away ,it raises and even blisters when i am having an attack which could be at least 2 to 3 times a day
the part of my body that is most attacked is kneck down to my torso and legs all my body only the rash seems to keep off my face only swellings happen more on my face really strange .
and no except for the medication i have told you about i am not on any more
at the moment i am typing this to you and it is getting down to 8degrees and my hands are frozen and now starting to get stiff my fingers as it is getting to cold for me i do know through experimental trials i have done on myself is that 13 to 14 degres weather i keep more less skin good
oops the last part of my comment did not sound correctly what i meant to say was in 14 to 15 degree,s weather is when i feel comfortable and skin does not flare up and to your question about medicines i am on sulfasalazine and piriton and pain killers and just dermol 2% menthol cream sorry

the only other way to explain when an attack happens also is like a million spiders running all over my body hope this is of some help i really could do with a second opion as i hve seen approx 43 doctors now all examing me and talking about my condition and i have had numerous names give idopathic urticeria ,euzamatuos ,mastocytosis, jessners , and even lupus

Hi again,
Sorry about the delayed reply, have been very tied up this weekend. Thank you for all the information. Would it be possible to take a photograph of the rash at your convenience?
dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist