Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

IS THERE A SHOT FOR SCABIES TO GET RID FOR THEM?

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.
Was the itching generalized to begin with or just present around the anus?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

just on back

then went to arms then to legs

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this is for my mom ,she is misserable tryied everything she can ,she now fills crawling in anus when she goes to bathroom
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.
Sorry just got your responses. Okay, does she live alone? If not were all the people living with her treated for Scabies as well?

Is her skin very dry?

Does she have any other health problems?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes she lives alone,her skin is very dry,yes she has health problems

Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.
I hope you find our interaction helpful. If you are satisfied with my response(s) please remember to press the ACCEPT button.

Thank you for the information. Her itching does not sound like Scabies and furthermore she seems to have been adequately treated for it for it should have responded even if it was Scabies. There is no shot for Scabies.

Unexplained itching without a clear cut rash is known as Pruritis and this needs to be worked up. Amongst the commonest causes is dry skin, often ignored by the patient. Recently started prescription drug are also common culprits.

It is worthwhile to rule out fungal infection which will require a skin scraping.

A complete hemogram (blood count) with peripheral smear, lymph node examination liver and kidney function tests form part of the basic workup. For these tests I would recommend scheduling an appointment her doctor when she can and discussing my recommendations with him. More detailed tests require a chest X ray, abdominal ultrasound, dental checkup, serum IgE levels, HBsAg, Anti-HCV, urine and stool examination and an allergy screen (contact/inhaled/ingested)

In the meantime here is what I would recommend -

1. Jergens Naturals Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer applied three to four times a day. Mix 1% Cortizone cream with the morning and night time application of the moisturizer.

2. Tab Zyrtec 10 mg twice a day

3. Cap Lumitene 30 mg twice a day after meals.

4. Olive oil massage once a day.

5. Avoid soaps - use a soap free moisturizer like Nivea Soap free body wash instead.

All of these drugs can be bought over the counter.

Hope this information is useful, please feel free to ask if you have any queries.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the only things you can see lokk like misqutio bites very small
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.

Okay. These might just be a reaction to scratching from the itching or be suggestive of Follicular Eczema which would again respond to the general measures I have detailed.