How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Nair Your Own Question
Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 9190
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Nair is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tear in my skin inside the top of my crack. I did

Resolved Question:

I have a tear in my skin inside the top of my butt crack. I did not notice it until my husband picked my up very tightly and I think he might have torn the skin in that area, cuz I did not notice it until then. either that or it is chapped. But I dont think its chapped or I would have noticed it sooner. What do you think it is and what should I do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 years ago.
I hope you find our interaction helpful. If you are satisfied with my response(s) please remember to press the ACCEPT button.
It is quite possible that you have a small tear in the area - this can especially happen if the skin in the natal cleft is dry. Just apply Bacitracin ointment on it - twice a day for 7-10 days, and it should heal. If it doesn't then you might have cutaneous candidiasis and should see a doctor if possible for appropriate treatment. Regards.
Dr. Nair and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you