How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Nair Your Own Question
Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 9190
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Nair is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have small red spots that look like they are blood filled.

Resolved Question:

I have small red spots that look like they are blood filled. They are about the size of a ball point pen tip and I have them everywhere.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 6 years ago.

Do they look like this:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 6 years ago.
I hope you find our interaction helpful. If you are satisfied with my response(s) please remember to press the ACCEPT button.

Thank you for the information! These spots are called Cherry Angiomas. Cherry angiomas (also called Campbell De Morgan spots) are an age related change, often first appearing in a persons thirties or forties. They are caused due to localized dilation of blood vessels in the skin.

They are completely harmless and you may get a few more with age. They can be removed for cosmetic reasons if so desired, however I usually advise patients to leave them alone. Here is a helpful link regarding the condition -

Hope this information is useful!
Dr. Nair and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you