Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have dark skin discoloration on the inner portion of my

Customer Question
thighs where the scrotum makes...
I have dark skin discoloration on the inner portion of my thighs where the scrotum makes contact with the thighs. What cause this? How do I get rid of the discoloration?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Dermatology
9/26/2010
Dermatologist: Dr. Skinner, Dermatologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Skinner
Dr. Skinner, Dermatologist

If the discolouration is without itching then this is likely to be acanthosis nigricans or pseudoacanthosis nigricans if you are obese.If they are itchy it is likely to be neurodermatitis.Suggest weight reduction along with Depiwhite body milk or Bioderma body emulsion twice daily.If you are obese oral metformin 500mg twice daily to reduce insulin resistance to be taken for 3 months.Thanks.

The skin discoloration is the result of an itchy situation (Candadisis) which has been resolved with a prescription dosage of fluconazole 150 mg. The skin discoloration persist without itching. The treatments I have tried have not returned the skin to is natural color. The discoloration appears to be getting smaller in diameter and only resides where the scrotum makes contact with the inner thighs. I am not obese nor am I over weight, however, I am an African American Male, 48 yrs of age, retired US Marine in overall good health with the exception that I have high bllod pressure which is treated with medication; which I take daily as prescribed and have done so since diagnosed at age 33.

This history makes it clear that this is nothing but post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Suggest Depiwhite body milk or Bioderma body emulsion twice daily.Avoid steroid creams as eventhough they may lighten the skin will leave striae or stretch marks which is difficult to get rid of.Thanks.

What is depiwhite body milk? Where can it be purchased? How does it work? does it require soaking or is it applied and allowwed to dry?

It contains plant derived skin lightening and moisturising agents and is safe on the flexures.It is available online.It can be applied and allowed to dry.Thanks.

If you are satisfied with the reply please click the accept button.Thanks.

Where can the product be purchased? What is the over the counter name?
This can be purchased online and the name is ***** ***** milk.Thanks.
Dr. Skinner
Dr. Skinner, Dermatologist
Dr. Skinner
Dr. Skinner
Dr. Skinner, Dermatologist