Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

iS THERE ANYTHING i CAN DO TO GET RID OF CREPEY SKIN ON MY

Customer Question

iS THERE ANYTHING i CAN DO TO GET RID OF CREPEY SKIN ON MY ARMS
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 7 years ago.

Could you please explain what you mean by the word 'crepey'? Were you referring to wrinkes, marks or looseness of skin?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the skin hangs , it isn't firm. I am nit iverweight, I work in tmy yard a lot so I have good muscle tone, but the skin on my arms seems thin and droopy and it looks awful
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 7 years ago.
If the skin is only mildly loose Mederma cream thrice a day massaged into the loose skin will have some benefit after 2 to 3 months of use, as will microdermabrasion. However the only real thing that works for flabby arms if Brachioplasty (Arm tuck) with or without liposuction (may not be needed in your case as you mentioned that you are not obese). The procedure can be performed by any qualified plastic surgeon.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what is mederma cream and where do i find it
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 6 years ago.
Mederma cream is a cream that contains allium cepa (made from onion) that has established anti wrinkling and skin firming activity. It works very well for superficial wrinkles, thinner skin of the neck can also become firmer. It won't do all that much for really loose skin, but is available without a prescription and worth a try. You can find out where to buy it here: http://www.mederma.com/ . It is also available online here: http://international.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=184312&catid=27319&aid=333181&aparam=sespider