Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Since the age of about 30 i have been getting these lumps…

Customer Question
since the age of about...
since the age of about 30 i have been getting these lumps that appear on my face and neck predominately they are hard red and itchy, i itch them and over the course of about a week they disapear only to regroup again, there is no pattern to these bi carb of sode helps to reduce the itch, sometimes at looks like they are about to clear up then they start again, i also suffer with a long term back problem and when my back is worse the spots are worse i have deffenatly noticed this
thanks elaine
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2010
Dermatologist: Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist replied 8 years ago
Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist

hello,

it will be better to see the photos and diagnose your condition. would it be possible for you to post them here through amazonaws.com or picassa?

you can also give me information on the size, shape,color of the lesions? Whether they are flat or raised? how do they start? where did they first start? how did it progress? any fluid filled or pus filled lesions? did you take any medications for it? are you on any other medications?

If you cannot send me photos, please do let me know.

Regards.

they are the size of a nat bite, they look like bites, red and raised, red, dont' now how they start, but they come in crops, they first started about 20 years ago, they appear to appear in the same places, neck and face mainly, and even around the back of my head, in the nap of the neck, only ever taken homeopathy, tried all natural remedies and i have not taken any orthodox medication, after a few days of scratching they form a pin pick yellow scab which once i scratch the top off as i always do they disappear again, worse in the winter months, better for sunlight, they last for just over a week and then i can go for days sometimes weeks before another crop develops, they are very itchy, i have itchy skin at times anyway, exzema is very strong in the family and asthma is too, hope this helps, they really do look like bites you would think i had fallen in some bushes and been bitten, raised itchy lumps and no it is not related to animals, probably allergic to lots of products to, but don't no what, i have very senssative skin
hello,

it seems to be urticarial vasculitis.

however the diagnosis needs to be confirmed first by a biopsy.

then only the treatment can be started for it.

the treatment is dapsone and oral corticosteroids.

it has to be taken under medical supervision.

you need to visit a dermatologist who will be able to do a biopsy for you and confirm the diagnosis.

please feel free to ask me in case you have any queries.

hope this answer was useful. please click on the green accept button if so. any bonus or positive feedback would be appreciated.

Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
I have checked this out on the internet and seen a picture but i do not have wheels and from the picture it is quite different if you could imagine getting bitten by nates here and there, they have no outer circle around them just like bites they appear in the same places each time one on either cheek, on the forehead, on the chest, around the hairline in the eyebrows which points towards hair areas but i have no hairs on my chest or checks so that throws that one out the window, it is strange, i wondered if it could be hormone related as it is was around a period but still not a consistant pattern
hello,

please could you post a photo?

its very difficult to diagnose without a photo.

regards
i will i need help doing this so bear with me please
sorry having trouble posting a photo
no problem