Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I recently saw a vascular surgeon about trouble with my leg.

Customer Question
When I walk my calf...
I recently saw a vascular surgeon about trouble with my leg. When I walk my calf muscle locks up, also the skin on the surface of my right foot has become very dry and I am having to apply moisteriser daily or it starts crack. The skin colour varies from a fiery red to almost purple
The surgeon i saw said that the two conditions on my leg were not related. my foot had a condition called Senotis (not sure of the spelling) and that I should see a Dermatologist. As I live in the far north I can not seem to find any one local.
I would appreciate any help or advise Regards ***** *****
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dermatology
6/21/2010
Dermatologist: Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist replied 8 years ago
Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist

hello,

it will be better to see the photos and diagnose your condition. would it be possible for you to post them here through amazonaws.com or picassa?

you can also give me information on the size, shape,color of the lesions? Whether they are flat or raised? how do they start? where did they first start? how did it progress? any fluid filled or pus filled lesions? did you take any medications for it? are you on any other medications?

If you cannot send me photos, please do let me know.

Regards.

you appear to not understand my question. I did not mention any lesions, You do not mention the question about senotis
hello,

i am sorry but there is no condition called senotis and any kind of change on the skin is referred to as lesions.

i just need to see what is the extent of your dryness, whether there is flaking or not etc, thats why i asked to see the photos.

i will be able to advise you on the dermatology problem which is related to the skin but not in detail about the vascular problem.

you probably have stenosis.

please let me know if thats ok.

regards
Thank you for your reply,I understand that the vascular problem is not related and it would appear I have Stenotis. I have taken some photos but as I am not very good on computors am having trouble getting them on to this page. Could you please send me your e mail adress and then I can forward them Regsrds Laurie
hello,

i understand the difficulty you are facing but unfortunately blocks our email id.

you could upload it on picassa and then send me the link typed here.

i will cut paste the link and see the photo.

regards.
Thank you for your time I now know a bit more than I did before. I am afraid I get bogged down sending the photos . It looks as though I will have to go to Auckland. Thanks again but its best we leave it as is. Regartds Laurie
no problem

regards