Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been fighting with impetigo for about two months now.

Customer Question
It started below my right...
I have been fighting with impetigo for about two months now. It started below my right corner of my mouth, spread to below the left side and about two weeks ago spread to between my eyebrows. I was firs put on an oral antibiotic and metro gel topical. I was switched to clindimiacin gel and then to bactroban cream. I have been using a peroxide face wash on each area trying not to cross contaminate. About the time it looks like there are no more new blisters for two or three days, then all three areas break out again. What should I do?
Thanks for your help!
Melissa
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dermatology
6/13/2010
Dermatologist: Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist replied 8 years ago
Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
hello,

could you send me photos?