Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

My skin gets a tacky sticky feeling especialy under the arms

Customer Question
and private area....
My skin gets a tacky sticky feeling especialy under the arms and private area.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 day by:
6/9/2010
Dermatologist: Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist replied 7 years ago
Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
hello,

do you have any lesions there? do you sweat a lot in these areas?
no to both questions.you asked. my whole body gets sticky and tacky when it is hot out and i am active.
hello,

this is due to the excessive perspiration you get from your arm pits when it is hot and during activity.

you will need to control the perspiration.

what you have is known as hyperhidrosis.

there are two treatment options i would like to tell you about.

1. application of aluminium chlorohydrate lotion in the arm pit.

if this does not work , then

2. botox injections

you will need to visit your doctor who can guide you regarding botox

also you need to regularly using a talcum powder or an antifungal powder after bath and once at night.

hope this answer was useful. please click on the green accept button if so. any bonus or positive feedback would be appreciated.

i

should have said warm or cool weather with activity and not just under arm .my whole

body gets a sticky tacky feel. i am 70 years old and this only started about 4 years ago.

hello,

this is due to excessive perspiration from the skin.

its better to rule out any internal causes for this:-
  • Acromegaly
  • Anxiety conditions
  • Cancer
  • Carcinoid syndrome
  • Certain medications and substances of abuse
  • Glucose control disorders
  • Heart disease
  • Hyperthyroidism
  • Lung disease
  • Parkinson’s disease
  • Pheochromocytoma
  • Spinal cord injury
  • Stroke
  • Tuberculosis or other infections
its better to visit your doctor and get a complete evaluation done.
its better to rule out the conditions and then only start the treatment for it.

regards
Dermadoc
Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist