Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY
19010125

I have tiny itchy bumps on my palms and fingertips, no particular

I have tiny itchy bumps on my palms and fingertips, no particular color. After about 2 weeks of this, the skin on my palms became dry and started peeling, and the skin on my fingertips is peeling and starting to wrinkle as if they have been in water.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 7 years ago.

hello,

this condition is called pompholyx.

the treatment would be application of steroid cream like mometasone furoate 0.1% once a day for 10 days over the palms and

oral antihistaminic tablet like tab. levocetrizine 5 mg once a day will help you out with the itching.

the steroid cream that you are using might be a mild one. the one that i have suggested will be very effective.

in case there is any pus filled lesion, then it is infected, a topical antibiotic cream i.e fucidin will be effective.

in case you sweat a lot over your palms that will have to be taken care of as well.

hope this answer was useful. please click on the green accept button if so. any bonus or positive feedback would be appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I looked this up on wikipedia, and that seems much worse than what I have going on. I don't have blisters, just very tiny raised bumps that appear when i scratch. When they are not itching they almost disappear. and I don't have any history of eczema with myself or any of my family? Thank you for your help!
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 7 years ago.
hello,

what you have seen on the internet are classic cases but everyone doesn't manifest it the same way. the bumps you have may just be some tiny hardened blisters.
its not mandatory for a history of eczema to be present.
the sequence of events you have described is classic for this condition. the peeling of skin later on is called keratolysis exfoliativa.

i would suggest you to try the treatment i have told you, it will surely prove beneficial.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you!