How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Lori Your Own Question
Dr. Lori
Dr. Lori, Family Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 1209
Experience:  Board Certified Family Physician for 12+ yrs, Extensive Derm exper. & wound care
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Lori is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

small colorless bumps, on my hands, around fingers, some of

Customer Question

small colorless bumps on my hands, around fingers, seem to be under the skin. some of them bigger and are red, in one place 3 small bumps/blisters form one big, it is reddish and shiny, not itching, but seems to be spreading rapidly
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Lori replied 7 years ago.

Hey there-


I don't know if you are an allergic type or not, but what you are describing sounds exactly like dyshydrotic eczema. It is a rash of tiny blisters usually on the palms and soles of feet. They happen often after intense exposure to water, and perhaps a chemical in the water, seems to be the culprit most of the time. The treatment is try to figure out what caused it and eliminate it. Also steroid creams and Zytrtec or claritin otc for the itch.


Here is an article and classic pic of the blisters (top pic):

These are a little bigger than usual...


We treat basic cases with topical steroid creams- topicort,synalar, triamcinolone, betamethasone etc. and removal of the trigger if one can figure it out!


Make an appt with your doc to get an RX, & you will be on your way!!


Good luck and be well-

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have no itch, I don't have anything on the palms of my hands, mine don't look at all like the sores in the photos. I think it's something viral.
Expert:  Dr. Lori replied 7 years ago.

OK- so they are on the back of your hands....

And look like tiny bumps or blisters?

Only hands involved?

Anything on feet or inside mouth?

How long has this been going on?]

Have you been sick otherwise?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
they are mostly in between my fingers now, although started on back of my hands. the ones on back of the hand seem to be drying out now. It's been a little over 2 weeks.
I have also noticed some blisters at the back of my tongue, on the peeled area. They do not look the same though. The ones on my hands are mostly really tiny bumps, grouped together, no color. the ones on my tongue look bigger.
I have IgG deficiency and have receding Vivaglobin injections for the last two months.
I also have painful urination and vaginal pain. All these happened after sexual intercourse. The partner whom I have been with performed oral sex on me. I know that he has genital herpes, HPV and he had chlamydia (although he claims to get treatment for it). I know because I've contracted all of the above from him and been treated for 2 years.
I also just noticed that I have a big bump on a side of one of my fingers, near the joint, but it is on the inside. My boyfriend sometimes gets blisters on his hands, but they are not like the millions of tiny ones on the inside of the fingers, more like the ones that initially appeared on the back of my hands and were more red, bigger. He does not know aht they are, they appear every few months or so and take some time to heal.
Expert:  Dr. Lori replied 7 years ago.



Given all this- I think you should be seen by a doc.

The blisters on hands, mouth ...and if feet as well can be a common virus we see most often in kids- called Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease- it is a virus and goes away all by itself.


But w. vag pain and painful urination, you need an exam and urinalysis.

He can only give you genital herpes via oral sex if he gets cold sores and has one now..... But if your sex is unprotected, you probably have been exposed anyhow, right?


The blisters on the hands should be looked at- given your Immune deficiency, that opens the door to many bugs. Although the things that cause this are the dyshidrosis I mentioned previously (palm doesn't have to be involved) and scabies, which would itch intensely and spread, and not come and go.


All in all--- with the IgG issue, I don't feel comfortable making a possible stab at what is going on beyond this. Chlamydia can be passed back and forth, and can do a lot of internal damage to you- so you need to go get checked and tested anyhow.


And- with all these STDs, I hope you have been HIV tested as well. Regularly.


GO see a doc. Today!


Any other questions I will do my best- but you have too many variables that could cause big problems for you- and in this kind of forum, we can't test you or examine you, and that is what you need most.


Be well---

Be strong---


and do the safe thing and see your doc.


My best and warm regards---

Related Dermatology Questions