How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 34683
Experience:  MBBS MS
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a bump between my upper thigh and right testicle, where

This answer was rated:

I have a bump between my upper thigh and right testicle, where the skin connects. I noticed it a couple mths ago, but it has grown since and is becoming painful. Right now it is about half the size of a dime. It has a sort of dark tint, but not black. At first I thought maybe it was just a pimple, but if I try to squeeze it, it hurts really bad. Any advice you can give would be very helpful. Thank you.



A pain, tenderness (hurting or squeezing) and slight increase in size point to an infection. This may need a course of antibiotic. One of the possibility is sebaceous cyst, which is quite common in this area. Sebaceous cyst need a small surgical procedure to remove it (office procedure). Meanwhile you can do following;


1) Ibuprofen (Motrin or Advil)

2) Warm compresses

3) Application of Betadine (povidone iodine); this is available at health stores without prescription. This is antibacterial solution which will control the infection.


Please feel free for your follow up questions.


Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
You said that betadine would control the infection. Im assuming this means it wont make it go away. Am I right in assuming that no matter which action I take I will eventually have to go to the doctor and get the surgery?



Many times the local antibacterial do take care and completely eradicate the infection. But yes, there is a chance that you may need to go to a doctor for the small procedure.


It is pleasure and privilege assisting you.


I hope this was helpful to you. If it was, please remember to ACCEPT the answer so I can get compensated for my work. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. I am truly privileged to help you, and I want to make sure that you are satisfied with the answer. Good luck!


Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia and 2 other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you