drsumitbassi
drsumitbassi,
17382760

Small red bump on penis (pimple like)

Single small raised red bump (pimple like) on penis. red bump has been around for about a week. feels not itchy but sensitive to touch / like chaffing. No crater, discharge or anythin like all pics of various std's on web.
I recently moved to a hot dry climate and have had dryness / chaffing which goes away if continually moistourized. I also train kickboxing and wear a cup frequently so there's lots of sweatiness on most days.
I live in a muslim country where pre-marital sex is illegal and therefore seek your adive prior to attempting the clinic.
What is it?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  drsumitbassi replied 7 years ago.
Did you have any history of unprotected sex,I know you mentioned that pre marital sex is illegal in the country you live in?
Are you diagnosed of any medical condition?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
unprotected sex. no prior diagnosis.

Hello

Based on what you mentioned,it seems that your symptoms are due to molluscum contagiosum as it may present with similar symptoms and is sexually transmitted disease.Ask the physician there to a a physical exam to confirm it ,as this is a clinical diagnosis.
As you do not have any other symptoms like discharge from penis,no urinary symptoms,so other possibilities like gonorrhea,chamydia are less likely.

Wish you best of health and happiness.
Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hmmm, actually have had MC before and it doesn't look the same. MC before was many small bumps that itched and had to be burned off. this is more of a larger pimple look and only 1.
Is the large pimple as you mentioned is on shaft of penis or near foreskin?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
im circumcised, but it's right on the 'scar' from the circumcision on shaft, which is potentially the reason it gets chaffed quite easily.

Thanks for extra information,

It seems that your symptoms are due to local infection(staph),ask your physician to do a physical exam to confirm this.As you mentioned,you have already tried using antibiotic cream,ask your physician to prescribe you oral antibotic as infection could be resistant to topical antibiotic.
Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i can get antibiotics without a prescription here. which one? ironically, i had 3 doses of cipro for an unrealted reason last week just before this bump appeared...coincidence? and does that change your diagnosis?

As you did take only 3 doses of cipro last week,that does not change the diagnosis.
I will advise that you ask your physician to prescribe you amoxicillin,but a physical exam is warranted to confirm the presence of infection as this is a clinical diagnosis.
Thanks