How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Bray MD Your Own Question
Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 10341
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Anthony Bray MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I use for dry, cracked skin. My legs are really dry

Resolved Question:

What can I use for dry, cracked skin. My legs are really dry and cracked and it doesn't matter what I use.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 8 years ago.

It sounds that you may have a condition of over-dry skin also known as icthosis vulgaris.This condition is typically worse on the lower legs.I would recommend that you see a darmatologist as treatment with a prescription lotion Lac-Hydrin will probably help you tremendously with this condition.

I hope this information helps. Further questions are welcome if you have any.

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please press the "ACCEPT" button so that I may get paid for my work.

Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD and other Dermatology Specialists are ready to help you