Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My tooth hurts pretty badly and my gland is swollen.

Customer Question
My tooth hurts pretty...

My tooth hurts pretty badly and my gland is swollen

Doctor's Assistant: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent and something pulses

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

Right side of my mouth is where it hurts. Started two days ago and has gotten worse. Hurts to eat food and drink

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, there. Do you think you could get a photo of the tooth that is bothering you so I could take a look at it? There is a small paper clip icon you can use to attach it to a message.

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

just sent an image
I can’t afford a 50 dollar phone call

You can ignore the phone call request. That is an automatic alert from the website.

Which tooth is bothering you? There is an upper tooth in the photo that looks darker in color.

When was the last time you had a dental checkup with x-rays?

Dr. Lara

Bottom right is what bothers me and it’s been about 6 months since I’ve had X-rays done and check up

Any trauma to that area? An injury that would have damaged the tooth?

Dr. Lara

No nothing that I can recall

Okay. Your check up six months ago was good? No concerns?

Dr. Lara

Is the tooth really sensitive to cold drinks? Painful to chew?

Dr. Lara

I needed a couple of teeth pulled. I haven’t gotten them pulled due to time and money
painful all the time

Do you remember if this was one of the ones needing to be pulled?

Dr. Lara

No I can not remember which ones

Okay, thank you for answering all of my questions. Since you know you need some teeth pulled, it is probably safe to assume that the one hurting you is one of those that needed to be removed. Because the pain has flared up in the last 2 days, that could mean the beginning of an infection. For this reason, you need to see a dentist for an in-person look at that tooth in order to get a prescription for some antibiotics. That will help fight the infection and alleviate some of your pain while you work on getting the tooth removed.

Does that make sense?

Dr. Lara

thank you

Are there any other questions I can answer for you?

Dr. Lara