Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Can I get an opinion on this spot in my mouth. Just opened…

Hi doctor, can I get...
Hi doctor, can I get an opinion on this spot in my mouth. Just opened and looked, don't think it's been there long but just want to make sure it looks ok. No symptoms associated with it. First picture has the spot circled.
5/31/2018
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, there! Thank you for attaching those great photos. The area looks like a variation of normal anatomy and nothing to be concerned about. The floor of the mouth contains blood vessels and salivary glands and ducts. All of these structures can change in size at different times.

Does that make sense?

Dr. Lara

I'm glad the photos were good, it's hard getting photos of your mouth. That red is spot is normal? No trauma or anything needed?

It looks normal. It could be a minor inflammation if you accidentally hit that area some food or a toothbrush. Since the skin is not broken and you have no tenderness, there is no cause for concern.

What other questions can I answer for you?

Dr. Lara

Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)