Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have a little peice of my tooth left on my top back on and…

Customer Question
I have a little peice...
I have a little peice of my tooth left on my top back on and it started to move around late last night and now going back and forth my bite is uncomfortable what can I do
Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Dental
5/29/2018
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 19 days ago
Just Dental Truths!

Hello! Thank you for asking your question, I'm reviewing it now and will reply back to you in a few moments.

Do you think it is the third molar (larger sized teeth)? Because at your age, the wisdom teeth are either extracted already or about to erupt into the mouth.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Yeah I have my molar and the little peice is right next to it

Do you mean a piece of the third molar (wisdom tooth) is what is moving around & making your bite uncomfortable?

Can you possibly take a picture of the piece so I could better identify it for you?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
The little peice that hangs down
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
The little peice next to the molar
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
U got any suggestions on how I can get my tounge to stop playing with it

Thank s for the picture.

If it were not very strong, and you felt you could "easily" wiggle it out that is one thing, but too often, the opposite is true where it will hurt you quite bad to struggle much more without having it numbed up first.

This is what I would suggest, although it may not sound overly exciting to you: I'd suggest, when you can, to find a Dentist who you like or friends suggest, etc., and have he or she extract the remaining part of the tooth which is uncomfortable and changed your bite and loose. It shouldn't be too difficult for you or the Dentist, and they'd numb you easily, so you'd not feel any pain!

That's what I'd suggest, and it should not be a big ordeal for you... Does that make sense?

Dr. Rampton

*Keep asking questions till I've addressed all of your concerns alright?

Also, please do rate my answer, and as mentioned I want to address all of your concerns - OK?

Is it loose enough that you can wiggle it out or almost do so?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Ya it feels like it will come put almost

Would you like to attempt to retrieve it, if fairly close to coming out, without the Dentist?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Ya I have been trying but just don't wanna yak it out do I jus wiggle it
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
That is the inside where the white is ....is the one that wiggles an cannot stop playing it with my tongue

Here is something you could do, if it's already quite loose:

Get some "topical Benzocaine" from any local drug store/Walmart, etc. Might cost $3 to $5. Using a q-tip, apply to the gums surrounding the tooth piece/part extruding down through the gums, which is loose and about to come out, but not yet there completely.

Be patient here, as you'll want to keep the Benzocaine on the gums for as long as 30-45 minutes if possible, and you'll likely have to reapply every 10 minutes another q-tip with benzocaine. Let it soak into the surrounding gums, and as time goes by, after 30-45 minutes have gone by , the tooth will feel less sensitive to your extracting it! Any questions/concerns?

I should point out that typically you'd not want to do this, but if it's just a tiny piece and loose already, it should work out fine!

So, can you get some over the counter benzocaine gel & some cotton q-tips?

Any luck yet?

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist