Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I had a root canal and crown placed Oct 2016. The crown just…

Customer Question
I had a root...

I had a root canal and crown placed Oct 2016. The crown just came out and I swallowed it. What do I do? Does Aspen Dental have warranties on crowns falling out?

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last visit to the dentist? Any irregular checkups?

Last checkup in Nov at my regular dentist.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

No everything in great besides this awful incident.

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Dental
5/27/2018
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 28 days ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, so sorry this happened to you.

The vast majority of the time the crown will pass through your system with no problems.

Aspen dental will put the crown back on for you, at no charge, if you are able to find it in the next 2-3 days when checking your stool. Keep an eye on your stools the next couple of days and hopefully, you will be able to retrieve it. If after 3-4 days you are unable to find it you can either have an Xray taken to see if it is in your system or just wait and see if any other issues develop in your gut. Unfortunately, most dentists only have an office policy (warranty) for crowns that fall off and are not available to be re-cemented. However, if a new crown is needed then you should get it at a deep discount. The problem is that you have had it done at Aspen Dental which is not a private practice. The corporate practices have their own set of rules and procedures in place which are not as flexible as those in a private practice.

Does all this make sense to you?

Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 27 days ago

Do you still need help with this issue?

Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 26 days ago

Are you still there?

Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 24 days ago

Are you still there?