Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

The extraction site of 16 looks weird. Like it isn't just…

The extraction site of 16...
The extraction site of 16 looks weird. Like it isn't just straight up. If I open my mout and look straight back I see a hole is that normal?
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/27/2018
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine

Would you be able to provide a photograph of the affected area? That will allow me to provide a more accurate and relevant response...

Sure. As soon as I get home
I had both 15 and 16 remov d

I will await your photos...

See attached
Another
Did u get?

The extraction site looks essentially normal. Its forward-facing orientation is due to the bone loss that occurred in front of it following a previous tooth extraction. You need not take any action, based on your photos, unless discomfort or other symptoms develop.

Hope this helps...

What do you mean previous extraction? It's very tender and throbs sometimes. It's causing me intense sous pain

There are several teeth missing that would otherwise have been present in front of the current extraction. These other teeth were extracted some time ago (perhaps years), given the amount of bone lost from this area of your upper jaw.

I had the back two teeth removed. All teeth in front are still there
I have a ? About this? Can I not ask u?
Drew Moore DDS MS
Drew Moore DDS MS, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi. This is Dr. Moore, a board certified periodontist. How long ago were these teeth removed?

A week ago today

Are you in pain?

Or, is the area just tender?

but because of an issue on the other side. With these they hurt a little but I didn't see much change in the week

I have looked at the pictures. The sockets look like they are filling in the normal way. Yes. It will look strange. That is how the clot appears as it turns into more complex fibers, as things heal. It will take an entire month or a bit longer before the area looks closed and looks like gum.

You do not appear to have a "dry socket," which is when the clot is lost. It looks like it is filling in. Again, it will look strange for awhile.

the yellow is ok? How long before I am able to eat on it?

As difficult as it is, I would stop looking at it and just let things heal. I ask patients not to look at the things I've done for that reason, among others. Pulling the cheek and putting mirrors or other things back there, can delay the healing.

If you are unable to eat on the other side, I think you can go ahead and eat on this side. But, cut smaller bites and chew slower. Continue to stay away from chips and things that could poke into the socket. Continue to rinse gently with the luke warm salt water after meals.

I haven't been eating anything since the nerve started to die on the others side about 3 days ago.
I guess no food for a few weeks and bad pain

I see. Well, then just cut things into smaller bites and chew slowly, trying to avoid the dead tooth and the extraction sites. I'm sorry that you have to deal with both sides being involved. If you eat meat, I often suggest soft meat like brisket and chicken. Those tend to be softer and you are getting protein and some fat, etc. Soups are a last resort.

But, you'll need to eat, so you keep more fluids in and so medicine like Ibuprofen doesn't bother your stomach as much.

I can't chew on either side as of 2-3 days ago
they won't do anything tithe ither side util this side is healed completely

You're unable to chew on the premolar teeth?

The ones in front of the molars?

Then, I guess, soup it is. Just try to eat soups with plenty of meats and vegetables, so you'll get enough nourishment. You might want to drink Ensure or Atkins drinks, also.

I can't have soup due to heat
Do they make lactose free drinks?

I see. I imagine that the heat might bother the dead tooth. Well, please eat or drink something. Best wishes for this difficult situation. If I have answered your questions please accept my answer and leave me a great rating. Thank you for using Just Answer.

I'm not sure. But I'm sure the stores like Whole foods will be able to to find something lactose free. This is a common issue.

Drew Moore DDS MS