Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I need general advice on dental implants. I have 8 teeth…

Customer Question
Hi, I need general...

Hi, I need general advice on dental implants. I have 8 teeth missing and wish to have dental implants but are currently unemployed,how do I pay for my treatment?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

No, I visited the dentist last week.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

I have been on antidepressants for almost 13 years

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Dental
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/27/2018
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 22 days ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Please stand by. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.Feel free to ask about anything that is unclear.

I wish that I could give you a better answer to your question but dental implants and the prosthesis to restore the teeth on top of them is an expensive ordeal.Dental implants in the US run about $2000 each and the crown that goes on top of the implant runs about $1500 US. If you have a copy of your X-ray,I could give you some other options which may be more affordable. Dental implants are not simple and they are invasive. They take time to place,require additional bone grafting in most cases which adds thousands of dollars to the cost and, and the restoration to have the teeth actually placed may take several months to over a year to complete. If you have periodontal disease,you are not a good candidate for implants. You can go to another country like Mexico to have them placed for a lower price but most dentists don't like to deal with other dentists complications.Do you have a copy of your X-rays to upload so that I can give you some more specific information?

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine