Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have "sores" in my mouth, as if I had burned the roof of…

Customer Question
I have "sores" in...

I have "sores" in my mouth, as if I had burned the roof of my mouth (near the front teeth) however, I have not burned it. It is very painful to eat, then rinsing with salt water or mouth wash helps somewhat. What is this?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No. a dentist what told me that I have neuritis in the upper gum area (this was many years ago) but this seems to be something different.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have arthritis, but nothing I can think of like this.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dental
5/25/2018
Dentist: Dr. Nina Lim, Dental Assistant replied 2 months ago
Dr. Nina Lim
Dr. Nina Lim, Dental Assistant
Hello, my name is***** I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.
Can you tell me your age/ gender?
How long have you had the symptoms?
Do you a photo of the sores? It will help me diagnose your condition better, thanks.
I am 72 years old and am a female. Symptoms started around 2 weeks ago. No photo.Just looks red and a bit bumpy (not very bumpy) Feels like a mouth burn, but is not.
I am unhappy with this system. Please refund , as this choice was offered to me.
the sore are most likely canker sores. They are benign and should resolve on their own. Usually caused by teeth or dentures rubbing the gum the wrong way, or certain foods, stress, even vitamin deficiency. If you would like, you can try to use an over the counter canker sore cream such as orajel to provide some relief in the discomfort. You can also take Motrin if your stomach is not sensitive. Try this for a week but if symptoms persist beyond that,
Please see your doctor or dentist so they can take a look at the lesion.