Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

How can I seek help from pain from an access in wisdom

Customer Question
How can I seek...

How can I seek help from pain from an access in wisdom tooth?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have any gum pain? Do you any discomfort in your jaw?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

I haven't been to a dentist in 10 years and have multiple decays

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/25/2018
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 27 days ago
Just Dental Truths!

Hello! Thank you for asking your question, I'm reviewing it now and will reply back to you in a few moments.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thanks

I'm sorry about your pain and trouble.

For some reason, the wording came to me jungled up, are you asking about an abscess that you have near where your wisdom tooth is located? Also, what is your age?

Thanks,

Dr. Rampton

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I'm 26. I'm not sure whether it's an access. It's a very badly decayed wisdom tooth that causes excruciating pains. Orajel and ibuprofen don't help. I know I need it extracted but don't have insurance...

Let me get some information together, and I'll send it to you in a minute or so that might help you - OK?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Okay

Sorry, it took some time for me to find this file which I've kept for some time from the past.

So as I understand, you are might possibly belooking for additional financial options or resources that could help you.

Here you go:1. There is a national association dedicated to helping patients with disabilities afford their dental care. It is called Donated Dental Services. There contact details are here:http://dentallifeline.org/2. Try to contact the local dental society in your area and see if there are any charitable organizations or foundations that will do your treatment for a reduced fee. You can find the contact information of your local dental society by visiting : http://ebusiness.ada.org/mystate.aspx3. Consider getting treatment from a dental school near you . The charges are lesser than those charged by a private practioner. Here is a link with the list of all the dental schools in the USA: http://www.dentalsite.com/dentists/densch.html 4. Here is a website that lists dental offices that offer free and discounted clinics all across the country. Search for one in your area. Read each listing carefully as restrictions apply to some of the listed outlets. http://www.freemedicalcamps.com/ 5. One other option is to apply for CareCredit financing; their relaxed credit requirements facilitate payments for dental service that might otherwise not fit comfortably into your budget. You can refer to the CareCredit web site, which also has a directory for participating dentists. See: http://www.carecredit.com/I hope these options helps you!

And as for tonight, you could take up to 1,000mg Acetaminophen (Tylenol) every 8 hours for pain. And tomorrow you could possibly see a Dentist, maybe at one of these arenas above...

Dr. Rampton

This is some leg work for you to do, but it may well turn out worth your time. And yes, you should get the wisdom tooth extracted as soon as feasible.

Dr. Rampton

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you so much!!!

I hope some of the above information might help you.

Please DO rate my answer, and if I can assist you further, please don't hesitate to ask more tomorrow - alright?

All the best to you Sir. ( - :

Dr. Rampton

Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 25 days ago

I hope the wisdom tooth area has calmed down for you!

Any further news...?

*If I've addressed your question, please do rate my answer - OK? Thanks ( - :