Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

You I had a tooth pulled last wendsday for a inplant put in…

Customer Question
You I had a tooth pulled...
You
I had a tooth pulled last wendsday for a inplant put in a bone graft said would take a few month to put in the permenent put the tempory in last wensday came out buy the time I got home went back put in again eating cerial yesterday fell out again told me not to eat on that side of my mouth for a few months should it come out all the time its the 2nd one from the top center think number7 had them before and ate normal ???
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Dental
4/1/2018
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 23 days ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Please stand by. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.Feel free to ask about anything that is unclear.

Are you referring to a temporary flipper partial? There are no temporary implants that are placed.

Normally we do not load the implant with anything for at least three months or more so there should be nothing going into the implant.

Can you upload a picture of the area?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
he put in a bone graft and gues the pin for the permanent tooth when heals up should the temporary keep falling out

There should not be anything going into the implant. Can you upload a picture?

I am not sure what type of temporary that you have without seeing it.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
he put the bone graft in to put the pin in for the implantwhen heals the temp. keep falling out
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
01 April 2018 06:00he put the bone graft in to put the pin in for the implantwhen heals the temp. keep falling out

The bone graft is just some granular material.the implant itself is in the bone with the graft material surrounding it. If this is a conventional implant,the implant should be covered completely by your gum and nothing should be sticking out of the gum.

The pin that you are referring to is the implant.

Is there anything sticking out of your gum?

I can't comment on your temporary until I know what is coming out of your gum or if it is smooth.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
the temp tooth he put in keeps falling out I am trying to find out should it keep coming out

Are you reading my responses? I need for you to answer the questions so that I can help you.

There should be no temporary tooth attached to the implant at this stage.

Do you have a phone that you could take a picture with so that I can see what you have when the temporary tooth is out?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I just know he done a bone graft and put in a temorary tooth
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
i just now the tempory was put in over the implant to give time to heal
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I broke the toooth off he removed the rest and put a bonegraft in last wensday then put in a temory tooth that keep coming out should it?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I pointed to the tooth
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
he said not to eat on that side for months had teporarys before could eat with them
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
hard to not touch wit food when in the middle of my mouth
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
just barely touched and fell out abot tocome out now
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
maybe did not put the pin in yet just know the bone is in there waiting to heal
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine