Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I am in need of a DDS knowledgeable about mercury toxicity…

Customer Question
second opinion] I am in...
second opinion] I am in need of a DDS knowledgeable about mercury toxicity and amalgam filling removal.My question is primarily related to the relevance of the Mercury Tri Test as well as a biocompatibility study prior to amalgam removal.
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Dental
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
To clarify: Heavy metal testing confirmed an extremely elevated mercury level, and I am moving forward with amalgam removal. The IAOMT dentist I consulted is very knowledgeable about heavy metal toxicity and also chelation. He has submitted his treatment plan to the physician who is managing my chelation. Prior to amalgam removal, the dentist recommends a biocompatibility study and the Mercury Tri Test to ensure safety. My physician is neutral regarding the necessity of those tests. Are these 2 tests now the standard of care with amalgam removal?
4/1/2018
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 22 days ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

There is no standard of care in all of dentistry in any state in the country that requires these tests before amalgam removal.There are protocols for safety including suction , placing a rubber dam and a protective nosepiece to be warn but these tests are not required by any agency,board or any certification agency.Chelation therapy has shown no evidence of providing any service to the health of human beings. If you are being charged for it you should be aware that here has been no documented benefit of this procedure.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I assume you are not an IAOMT DDS?
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
You apparently did not read my question. I already have mercury toxicity.
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine