Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have had an implant done in 2012. Since then I’ve had it…

Customer Question
I have had an...

I have had an implant done in 2012. Since then I’ve had it replaced three times I paid for the first one he didn’t charge me for the second one but he charge me for this one should I have paid for this one should he have not done it the third time because it didn’t work the two other times

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a dentist about this yet?

Not another dentist no.

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

Just wondering if The dentist should have done something else and not tried for the third time what if this one doesn’t work as well and should I have paid for this one since it didn’t work?

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Dental
3/29/2018
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 23 days ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Please stand by. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.Feel free to ask about anything that is unclear.

I have seen this happen before and honestly ,I cannot understand what these dentists are thinking. You pay a lot of money for an implant and crown and it fails.It fails again and then they have the nerve to do the same procedure again after it fails twice and have the nerve to charge you again?Do you have solid teeth on either side of the space? Do you have periodontal disease? Can you upload a picture of the area so that I can get a better idea of what is going on?

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine