Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have a pump on my retromolar trigone. Las visit was about…

I have a white...

I have a white pump on my retromolar trigone

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last visit to the dentist? Any irregular checkups?

Las visit was about six months to get an extraction

3/28/2018
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, there. I'd be happy to help you figure out what is going on. Do you think you could get a photo of the area you are concerned about? Please have someone help you take the photo using a flash, and use your finger to hold the cheek out of the way.

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Image attached.
There's another small one not visible in the picture but I feel it.

Great! Thank you for taking that photo. I can see it very clearly. How long has it been present?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Not sure how long, but since I noticed it at least a couple of months.
It doesn't hurt, nor itch or burn.

Great. Thank you for answering those questions. It looks like two possible things, neither of which are serious or dangerous. Neither cause any painful symptoms, either.

1. A plugged salivary duct - sometimes very tiny pores in our gums get blocked, causing a small temporary buildup of saliva.

2. A buildup of fibrous tissue - This usually occurs in response to an injury or irritation. It can be something as simple as stabbing that area with the pointy end of a tortilla chip.

Both of these possible issues should clear up on their own with 2 weeks. Keep a close eye on it and monitor its progress. If you see any enlargement or ulceration (loses the top layer of skin), go see your dentist for an in-person evaluation ASAP. If it is still present more than 2 weeks after you first noticed it, schedule a consultation with your dentist. I do not think this will be the case. It is very likely that it will go away on its own.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
it does, thank you very much, it gives me peace of mind to know it is not serious and super helpful to know what to look for.
I'm sure t has been for sure more than 2 or 3 weeks since I first noticed it, would you recommend me to give it two more weeks and see what happens or have it checked now?

Yes, I think another 2 weeks would be fine since it does not look like anything dangerous.

Just take a look at it at least once a day. If it gets bigger or changes color, make an appointment to see your dentist ASAP.

Are there any other questions I can answer for you?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Great, thanks lost.
No more questions for now, have an awesome day!

You're welcome! I am happy to help. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

P.S. If you would like me to answer any future dental questions for you, you can reach me directly at: https://www.justanswer.com/dental/expert-laracoseoddsfagd/?rpt=3800

Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)